sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] persistent_save function being used in stable spells?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] persistent_save function being used in stable spells?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:36:17 -0700

Hmm, also I had meant to point out that one of the reasons why sorcery is not
detecting failures is due to structures like this:
if [ -x BUILD ] ; then
persistant_load
. BUILD
persistant_save
else
default_build
fi &&

The fi seems to carry the result of the last command run, which used to
be BUILD and is not persistant_save (which doesn't really fail). So when
BUILD fails, the return value isn't passed along through && operators.

In my build split sorcery I've fixed it. I think I will just submit my code
tonight unless there are any new problems people have found with it.

After that we'll have a week or two of testing and then make a
1.10 sorcery stable release.

Any obections to the plan? Thanks to all those who have tried out my
build split code and gotten back to me about issues. Hopefully we
wont have any surprises down the road.

-Andrew