sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: suggestions in general.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: suggestions in general.
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 12:06:57 -0700

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 08:39:04PM +1000, Hamish Greig wrote:
> Of course if you have permission to contact the maintainer of the section
> privately, and they agree to do it without having a bug for a record
> keeper,
> then it is not necessary, but that is a lot of "ifs" so standard practice
> should begin with bugzilla.

If you have permission to contact the maintainer of the section
privately?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we were supposed to use email
sent to SECTION AT sourcemage.org as one way to be contacted. Surely
misdirected emails should be brought to the attention of the web team
that may need to be more explicit where said emails are advertised.

I agree though, sending to personal email addresses is kind of annoying
when I've got my sourcemage.org email addresses procmail'd into an
appropriately prioritized mutt bucket.

Maybe a notice on the developer page on our preferred email practices
and the so-called "chain of command" would help?

--
Seth Alan Woolley <seth at positivism.org>, SPAM/UCE is unauthorized
Key id EF10E21A = 36AD 8A92 8499 8439 E6A8 3724 D437 AF5D EF10 E21A