sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Spell-Submit] new spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Spell-Submit] new spells
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:24:47 -0800

On Thursday 25 March 2004 1:18 am, Robert Helgesson wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 15:09:34 -0800, Eric Sandall wrote:
> > Quoting João Mamede <joaomamede AT icqmail.com>:
> > > Well I added some gkrellm plugins spells the x11 section is getting
> > > a little full with them...I want to put more...any suggestions to
> > > resolv this?maybe a directory inside x11?
> >
> > (Moving to sm-discuss)
> >
> > I don't see a problem with creating a plugins section, such as
> > x11-pluggins (as video-plugins, etc.). Anyone else?
>
> Ruskie announced a grimoire for gkrellm plugins a while ago. I believe
> it have 20 or so spells now.
>
> See https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-users/2004-March/000629.html

Should this be made an official SMGL grimoire, or should it just be a
section?
How likely is it that as a section it will grow beyond a reasonable and
maintainable size?

Things like this should probably be kept with in the hive^H^H^H^Hproject so
that we don't have this sort of duplicated work going on.

Also, Andrew Stitt (afrayedknot) asked if it was possible to make the gkrellm
section/grimoire scriptable [0]. Has anyone checked into that to determine
an answer?

Also, on a slightly side note, Andrew Levstik (ruskie) also announced a CVS
grimoire [1].

[0] https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-users/2004-March/000630.html
[1] https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-users/2004-March/000631.html

--