sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Spell-Submit] new spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Spell-Submit] new spells
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:21:11 -0800

Quoting Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>:
> The problem i see with having only one spell is we need some way to make
> sure only newly chosen plugins get compiled, i don't want to recompile
> gkrellm + 20 plugins just to get one new plugin installed.
> I think having seperate spells for the plugins is better, maybe with a
> profile gkrellm-plugins that optional_depends on all of them.
>
> I don't think these spells warrant creating a whole new grimoire, a new
> section gkrellm would be nice though.

I concur with Arwed on this. While dialog queries are nice, they don't work in
all cases (such as this one) and it'd be hard for people to tell which plugins
they have installed without recasting and looking at what's selected in the
dialog (or groking the $SPELL_CONFIG). Also, I don't think we (yet) need more
official grimoires. ;)

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61