sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Spell-Submit] new spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Spell-Submit] new spells
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:09:18 +0100

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 08:21:09AM +0100, Ladislav Hagara wrote:

> > > See https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-users/2004-March/000629.html
> >
> > Should this be made an official SMGL grimoire, or should it just be a
> > section?
>
> I vote for section. No next grimoire.
> And better, if it is possible, only one gkrellm spell with all its plugins
> and
> DIALOG interface to choose some of them.

The problem i see with having only one spell is we need some way to make
sure only newly chosen plugins get compiled, i don't want to recompile
gkrellm + 20 plugins just to get one new plugin installed.
I think having seperate spells for the plugins is better, maybe with a
profile gkrellm-plugins that optional_depends on all of them.

I don't think these spells warrant creating a whole new grimoire, a new
section gkrellm would be nice though.

http://www.sourcemage.org