sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery Lead vote

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery Lead vote
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:30:04 -0800

> OK, not that I'm against Andrew being in the position, but IIRC, during the
> last meeting, he didn't sound too interested in taking the position, and I
> have seen nothing from him since then to give me the impression that has
> changed. I believe he has the skills to fill the position, but does he
> have
> the desire? That is as important, IMO.
>
> Also, if we were doing this by the book, there would be an official
> nomination
> period, which has not yet happened, before the official vote, not during it.

I am actually somewhat interested in doing it. It has become obvious to
me at least that very few people are both qualified and interested. So
I've become more interested in doing it since the meeting. If elected I'm
not going to bail out, and I'll do my best to keep the ship sailing. I've
been putting in changes on sorcery over the past few weeks also,
specifically with the BUILD splitting, hopefully my actions show at
least some desire to do it.

I agree that there should be an official nomination period, although I
thought that was the time between now and when this thread started after
the meeting.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt AT sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot AT t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl, Porting Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |