sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery Lead vote

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: SourceMage GNU/Linux Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery Lead vote
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:57:12 -0800

Quoting Ricardo Izquierdo <odracir_redwolf AT linuxmail.org>:
> I was seeing everything from a barrier, but since I decided something about
> the GNU/Linux distro
> that I want to use. I decided to get involved at least in voting for a new
> lead in the sorcery lead.
>
> And my vote goes to Andrew, for all the reasons given earlier.
>
> Also, we have to remember that the success of a project is not in how
> skilled
> are the developers of the
> project, or how many users it has. I see the success of a project in a
> combination of both. And also, how
> stable is the project.
> I see the project stable and growing, but if it has to be successful the
> users have to be taken in a count.
> May be with a lesser weight, but at least taken in a count.

We do take the users into account and welcome their feedback. However, we're
currently only allowing active developers to vote for the Team Leads as the
developers generally have a better idea of who's done what. You can still give
feedback about the Team Leads and such, but the vote won't be counted (perhaps
we could count user votes in the case of a tie? Would we even want to tally
all
the user votes as well and keep them separate? Just extra overhead, to me.).
If
you would like to have a vote for Team Leads, feel free to join a team, not
all
of them require coding or much time (look at the Tome team! ;)).

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61