sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Sorcery Lead change nomination(s)?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org, sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery Lead change nomination(s)?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:57:04 -0800

Quoting Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>:
> On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 18:25, Eric Schabell wrote:
> > Howdy all,
> >
> > We have a possible new Sorcery Leader in the form of a well known and
> > experienced Smgl'er:
> >
> > Andrew Stitt (a.k.a. afraydknot)
> >
> > If there are others, I would like to start a discussion with responses
> > from the Sorcery Developers (see org chart) only as to the possible
> > other candidates, votes for / against this one, or thoughts on the
> > subject.
> >
> > I would like to get this done as soon as possible, so let youself be
> > heard. I will count the incomming votes and let you all know asap the
> > final outcome. Please post all replys here if you would.
>
> Having waited a week for any response, but seen none, I have to say what a
> load of horsecrap this is.
> This is not an internal issue for the sorcery team to discuss, it is for the
>
> project to discuss. All the grimoire gurus, all the sorcery team, all the
> iso/cauldron team, even all the users if they wish to be involved. It is not
>
> just about who wants to lead a team of developers, it is about their skill
> set, the standard of their work, their communication skills, their
> availability and their approachability. Anything less than full open
> discussion of applications to help steer this project is a farce.
>
> As a previously active guru I support Andrew's application to head sorcery.
> His previous work on sorcery and prometheus, his activity and discussions in
>
> bugzilla, his attendance on IRC and self-designated role as channel
> greeter,
>
> his support for me (and others) in many of my (our) mini-projects, his
> overall knowledge of the people and the project, these are all the reasons
> why I think he will make a good sorcery lead.
>
> Hamish

There aren't too many people on the Sorcery Team to be voting. Perhaps we
should
talk about how Team Leads are to be nominated/voted? What scope of voters? We
decided at the last dev meeting that there /would/ be a vote for Leads and
that
the PL would initiate the vote and tally the responses (however, your current
PL has been busy and didn't initiate a vote, but there's one already going,
so... ;)). I believe we also said that all developers have a vote in choosing
Lead, but correct me if I'm wrong or it's a bad idea and we'll talk. ;)

Shall we start this process as we described at the meeting? Keep the current
one
going?

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61