sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] license of xfree86

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] license of xfree86
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 12:29:54 +1100

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 04:55, Eric Sandall wrote:
> The current xfree86-devel is okay, yes? If so, then we just leave it as is
> and not update it anymore. We don't even need to make a non-free X spell,
> as why should we support it? That'd add a little more pressure.
>
> -sandalle

xfree86-devel in devel repo is WIP and has been updated to the version that
has the new license.
Casey's point about client side libraries being excluded from the 1.1 license
and still only using 1.0 license is likely correct, but that is the point
everyone else is debating still so there must be some catch to it.

Hamish