sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] license of xfree86

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] license of xfree86
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:00:57 +1100

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 20:17, Andrew wrote:
> > not sure I understand how only 8 or 9 peoples opinions are considered a
> > consensus ?
>
> let us vote.
>
> staying at the current version of xfree86 +0
> moving new versions to z-rejected +0
> finding/testing new alternatives +1
>
> Im sorry I haven't followed this too closely, so if there are other
> pertinent issues to vote on please start them off.
>
> -Andrew

I think voting is a good idea. But I do think voting is only useful if
everyone votes, if the same people who always do the work are also the only
people doing the voting then that is not a good indication of the community's
or the project's wishes or opinions.
Voting should be compulsory, you can vote 0 if you don't care either way but
I think that is still important have ALL developers involved.
The vote on the sm-admin list about delaying the 1.0 release is a good
example
of this. As it currently stands, the vote calls for a delayed 1.0 release,
but only six people have voted. Even if the other twenty developers don't
care either way, they have to let the few who do care officially know what
their position is.

Hamish