sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.7-pre2 is out

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Duane Malcolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: Geoffrey Derber <gderber AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org, Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.7-pre2 is out
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 09:36:38 +1200

I little while ago I mentioned a problem with a slow loading of the kernel at boot up. I finally got grub going and it fixed the problem.

I use XFS for my root partition but EXT3 for my boot partition.

Just a little comment.

Thanks for the iso. It installs fine for me.

Duane

Geoffrey Derber wrote:
Eric Sandall wrote:

Perhaps we should also offer GRUB as a bootloader on the ISO? Or replace LILO
with GRUB (though I hear some people say that GRUB doesn't work on some
machines...).

So, Lilo didn't work on my machine, not all boot loaders work on all machines. I would like to see at least the option to install grub rather than lilo on the iso. I don't care as much about which is the default, but I would like the option.

Geoff