sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.7-pre2 is out

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Woolley <seth AT tautology.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.7-pre2 is out
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:46:29 -0700 (PDT)

One thing I noticed was the failure at boot for I think devfsd. In
addition to the devfs mount at boot, I noticed DEVICES=/devices in
/etc/sysconfig/init. This should be DEVICES=/dev on the new init and
devfs system, but the test/stable version of init.d don't do that by
default in certain (many if not most) instances.

I have to say that the rest of the ISO is very refined and a lot of work
has gone into eliminating aliens and cleaning the process up a bit. I'm
so very glad to have it fit on my 185 mb 21 minute CDs, it's just so
impressive ;) I eagerly await the day we can have this process in smgl
section as a spell to test and refine even more.

Many thanks to Benoit for his hard work on the iso project.

Seth

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Hamish Greig wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 01:47, Ladislav Hagara wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I am sorry, I have problems with installation. :-((
> > After moving files to partition and after optimalisation and ...
> > I am not able to run lilo, lilo.conf is O.K., but after I save it I only
> > get message: "Warning: '/proc/partitions' does not match '/dev' directory
> > ... The kernel was compiled with DEVFS_FS, but 'devfs=mount' was omitted
> > ..."
>
> You could try using old style names like /dev/hda instead of devfs names.
> The /dev directory on the ISO itself is old style dev probably and chokes on
> the syntax in lilo.conf
>
> > When I tried boot "dafault devfs=mount" the result was the same. I am not
> > able to run lilo.
> >

> Hamish

> gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
> gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
> gpg: Signature made Thu Sep 25 09:06:20 2003 PDT using DSA key ID 947AE36E
> gpg: Good signature from "Hamish Greig (hgg) <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>"
> gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
> owner.
> Primary key fingerprint: 76EC 39B2 0D2A F485 E9BD 4D27 F1F4 AE7D 947A E36E

- --
Seth Alan Woolley <seth at tautology.org>, SPAM/UCE is unauthorized
Key id 7BEACC7D = 2978 0BD1 BA48 B671 C1EB 93F7 EDF4 3CDF 7BEA CC7D
Full Key at seth.tautology.org and pgp.mit.edu. info: www.gnupg.org