sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.7-pre2 is out

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT free.fr>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.7-pre2 is out
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:25:21 +0200

Right. This ISO can be used as a rescue CD in several way:

- as stated on the isolinux prompt, you can type:
- linux root=/dev/hda4 for instance or even
- initrd root=/dev/sda2 to benefit from modules in the initrd (SCSI
modules for instance)
You can even use devfs devicename!

- you can also use the CD as a standalone CD:
- boot the CD normally (or type: default)
- on the initrd menu, just load the module you need
- on the installer meny, just select "Done" and when asked to reboot, say
"No"
- you will get a login prompt. Enter root with no password
- enjoy sourcemage

Voila,
Benoit