sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [cauldron] tasks for team

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Derek Moyes <sorcerer AT flamesnyper.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [cauldron] tasks for team
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:52:22 -0500

I haven't looked at the current installer source, but if we can, it would be
nice to have a fully seperate back-end and front-end for the installer (if you
are re-writing it anyway) so that at some point in the future if we want a
graphical installer we don't have to re-write it, again.

> >I've just begun to read Linux From Scratch Book in order to create a proper
> and
> >newer (at least, I hope so) base system image, an to write a script that
> would
> >do it.

> >i'm pretty sure Bernardo could like help too on installer,
> >integration w/ discover and al.
> >Apparently caseyh should be able to work by himself (if error, tell us
> caseyh:)

> >laurent (low)
> >Cauldron Team Leader

-- Derek Moyes