sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [cauldron] tasks for team

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: wandre.l AT free.fr
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [cauldron] tasks for team
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:11:42 -0400

I have a question about this. I like how things are done in Knoppix in regards to hardware and network detection, and it doesn't fail (most of the time). Since it's GPL, can we use it? And if we can, why don't we?
Thanks!

Sergey.

wandre.l AT free.fr wrote:

Howdy !
Bernardo will be working soon on "discover", a C program used by progeny for
hardware détection (XML inside, fear;)
I've just begun to read Linux From Scratch Book in order to create a proper
and
newer (at least, I hope so) base system image, an to write a script that would
do it.
Caseyh will take network configuration part.
Belxjander is working on multi-platform installation solution.

benoit, adino, warlok, unet:
what would you like to do in this list ?
i'd like some help about base system image creation.
i'm pretty sure Bernardo could like help too on installer,
integration w/ discover and al.
Apparently caseyh should be able to work by himself (if error, tell us
caseyh:)
Unet, i think i know you have non PC box at home, would you like to help
belxjander ?

<other topic>
w0rf suggested copying the base system (iso content) to hard drive, preventing
us from having image.tar.bz2. that would require some on-the-fly changes while
copying, but i feel this is possible. comments, ideas, thoughts, flames ?

regards,
laurent (low)
Cauldron Team Leader