sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] gcc 3.3

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] gcc 3.3
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:46:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hamish Greig said:
> On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 11:52, Eric Sandall wrote:
>> Has anyone tried gcc 3.3 yet? I have, and it seems to break glibc 2.3.2
>> (some 'sscanf' error), can anyone refute or validate this? I've gotten
>> this error on two of my machines (installed from 0.6 beta3 ISO, which
>> has
>> it's own glibc/gcc problem).
>>
>> -sandalle
> there is a patch for this
> but i have found that my latest submission to p4 for a gcc ./configure
> switch
> has stopped this error on this machine.
> I attach the patch in case it is needed but i recommend rebuilding gcc3.3
> using
> - --enable-__cxa_atexit
> which forces c++ ABI compatibility compliance.
> Hamish

After my initial problem with gcc 3.3, I have added a patch to glibc (and
others) thanks to Wolfgang pointing to an LFS site. I now have two
machines with gcc 3.3, which was updated right after installing from beta3
ISO, both machines have everything working that I need (xfce4, MPlayer,
xmms, xchat2, gaim, etc.).

I never saw that error, so I think Hamish is right about old libs.

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61