sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] gcc 3.3

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>
  • Cc: Source Mage - Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] gcc 3.3
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:03:20 +1000

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 20:47, Jose Bernardo Silva wrote:
> I had to go back to 3.2.3, as even gcc would fail casting... The error was
> " __builtin_va_start" missing. Even recasting gettext and glibc wouldn't
> help. So, after expanding the 3.2.3 tarball, doing a "./configure
> --prefix=/usr && make && make install" I am now trying to do a cast gcc
> (with DETAILS edited to 3.2.3 instead of 3.3).
> I do hope that works....
>
> ---
> Jose Bernardo B R Silva | Source Mage GNU/Linux Section Guru
> jbernardo AT sourcemage.org | http://www.sourcemage.org
> http://counter.li.org #245602
> http://cosmos.oninetspeed.pt/jose.bernardo
> jbs AT bandos.homelinux.com

Jose,
I have just done a grep of gcc3.3 source and that function seems to have
changed about 12 months ago i would suggest checking to see if you have old
libs and includes from old versions. One of the iso's didn't have logs on it
so files weren't removed properly and gcc also had its log disabled for a
time
Hamish
- --
Do You SMuGL!?
Linux so advanced it may as well be magic!
http://www.sourcemage.org/
Defenestrate yourself! Free yourself from Redmond!