sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Using devfsd

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: Source Mage - Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Using devfsd
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:45:27 -0700

Ive brought this up a number of times, never gotten anywhere, wrote
a spell, had it forgotten, mentioned it to people on irc, had it
forgotten, I dont understand what the problem is. devfsd makes all the
symlinks for you, sets permissions appropriatly however you ask it, and
'just works'.

all that is necessary is to have it installed then ask mount.sh to run
it for you, no magic necessary.

Ive had /devices symlinked to /dev for nearly a year now, not one
problem. We should have had this fixed a long long time ago.

Andrew