sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] XMMS sound problems

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jimmy Yen(???)" <root AT yhjworks.com>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] XMMS sound problems
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 20:33:30 +0800

Eric Sandall wrote:

Eric Sandall said:

Speaking of music... ;) Whenever I start xmms, I have to open it's
preferences (CTRL+P), Audio I/O Plugins, COnfigure (OSS), and change the
Mixer from whatever it is to the opposite (doesn't matter if I have it
checked or not, but inverting the selection and pressing okay always
fixes it, so one day I'm playing music with "Volume controls Master not
PCM", and the next (after reloading xmms) I have that off).

This happens on two (Athlon with SBLive! and a P3 with ES1781?) of my
three (PII with CS4231).

Ideas?

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle

BTW, these are all using the ALSA drivers (not OSS, but XMMS only has OSS
audio I/O plugin, not ALSA), some of them the latest (rc8?), the rest rc6,
IIRC.

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle

You might want to give alsa-xmms a try. I'm using esd though.

haoto