sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] gettext errors - recompile glibc?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: Source Mage - Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] gettext errors - recompile glibc?
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 10:47:42 -0800

> No. The problem was that sorcery messes things up if the old and the
> new dynamic linkers are not compatible.

uhm, thats a bold statement, if you are trying to explain to me why
glibc wasnt installing before. I spent a weekend trying to fix it. Id
love to see you convince me it was sorcery's fault, the problem was that
the makefile would remove the old dynamic loader, ala mv, then try to
link in the new one ala ln, but ln is a dynamic...oops.

> A> noticed the new glibc has an sln, or static ln, does it use this
> A> now?
>
> This is used by the install rule. IIRC the old glibc had this as well
no it didnt, it used ln, hence the problem.
> (but it does not really matter).

ok, so if i rebuild glibc and it breaks can i blame you?