sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] gettext errors - recompile glibc?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: Source Mage - Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] gettext errors - recompile glibc?
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 22:05:14 -0800

> *If* you are already running glibc-2.3.1 it is safe to do a cast -c
> glibc. If you are running an earlier version you might want to compile
> and install glibc manually.

One suggestion for glibc: the cause of our problems was from it using a
dynamic version of ln to relink the dynamic loader. I noticed the new
glibc has an sln, or static ln, does it use this now? If not i would
advise putting it at the front of our path in much the same way gcc2
can be, i.e.
mkdir /tmp/bin
cp /bin/sln /tmp/bin
export PATH=/tmp/bin:$PATH

That seems like it could fix our problems.