sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [Omniprint-user] espgs-7.05.5(omni-0.7.1): could not load libomni.so

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: John T Copeland <johnc AT neto.com>
  • To: Mark Hamzy <hamzy AT us.ibm.com>
  • Cc: Jason Flatt <jasonflatt AT wizard.com>, omniprint-user AT lists.sourceforge.net, omniprint-user-admin AT lists.sourceforge.net, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [Omniprint-user] espgs-7.05.5(omni-0.7.1): could not load libomni.so
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:21:42 -0600

Mark Hamzy wrote:

Hey John and Jason,

I am on vacation until the end of the year so I will be slow in answering
mail.
gomni.c has hardcoded paths in it to tell it where to load libomni.so.

The error covers two parts of the process: loading the library and linking
it. Both must succeed.

The new espgs CVS contains a more detailed error message as well as the fix
for stdc++.
The CVS is easy to download. Just read
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=18073 for more information.

Hope this helps

Mark

Take a look at the Linux Omni Printer Driver Framework at
http://www.ibm.com/linux/ltc/projects/omni/

Guys,
I have had some success. I downloaded espgs from CVS, did a makesrcdist and replaced my source tarball in /var/spool/sorcery/esgps-7.05.5xxxxxxxx. I then compiled and installed(cast -r -c on our systems). All went ok. I had installed the Omni tarball previously.

I then did "lpr simple.txt" and lo and behold I got a printout!!!!!! Feeling real good now I went into kde's print manager to try the 'print a test page' in cups. Bummer, I got the following out of prnlog:

foomatic-gswrapper: gs '-dSAFER' '-dBATCH' '-dNOPAUSE' '-sOutputFile=/dev/fd/3'
'-sDEVICE=omni' '-sDeviceName=Panasonic_KX_P2124' '-smonodither=GSMONO' '-sprope
rties= form=na_letter_8.50x11.00in tray=TRAY_REAR_CONTINUOUS media=MEDIA_PLAIN r
esolution=180x180 printmode=PRINT_MODE_24_CMYK dither=DITHER_STUCKI_DIFFUSION or
ientation=portrait bidirectional=true' '/dev/fd/0' 3>&1 1>&2
ESP Ghostscript 7.05 (2002-09-02)
Copyright (C) 2002 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA. All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
Can't find (or can't open) font file n019004l.pfb.
Can't find (or can't open) font file /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/NimbusSanL-Bol
d.
Can't find (or can't open) font file NimbusSanL-Bold.
Can't find (or can't open) font file /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/NimbusSanL-Bol
d.
Can't find (or can't open) font file NimbusSanL-Bold.
Unable to substitute for font.
Error: /invalidfont in findfont

Does this imply these fonts come(should come) with ghostscript or what? If not from ghostscript, where? Is this cups test print program wanting the fonts, or who? I did an update to cups-1.1.17, our latest. Boy this is tricky stuff. Can you guys shed any light here?
Thanks,
JohnC