sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [Omniprint-user] espgs-7.05.5(omni-0.7.1): could not load libomni.so

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: John T Copeland <johnc AT neto.com>
  • To: Jason Flatt <jasonflatt AT wizard.com>
  • Cc: Mark Hamzy <hamzy AT us.ibm.com>, omniprint-user AT lists.sourceforge.net, omniprint-user-admin AT lists.sourceforge.net, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [Omniprint-user] espgs-7.05.5(omni-0.7.1): could not load libomni.so
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:41:45 -0600

Jason Flatt wrote:

On Saturday 14 December 2002 04:14 pm, John T Copeland wrote:

[ S N I P ]

Can you help any here Jason(Jason is our printer guru in SourceMage)?

Thanks,
JohnC

Hi, John.

I have been ill the last week, and work has piled up. I will look into getting around this problem, but it may be a couple of days before I can get to it.

Mark, Jason,
As I indicated before I got configure errors trying to compile Omni-0.7.1. I noticed today that there was a new version Omni-0.7.2 available. I downloaded this manually and did a
compile/make install/make installLocal, no problems. The libomni.so file was installed into /opt/Omni/lib.

When trying to print I still get the error. I may not have my cupsomatic and PATH's set up right. I added /opt/Omni/bin to my PATH. In the /usr/lib/cups/filter/cupsomatic file, I did:
my $execpath = "/usr/bin:/bin:/opt/Omni/bin";

Mark, how does the Omni interface know where to look for libomni.so. All the libomni's are installed in /opt/Omni/lib so I tried copying them to /lib but still get the error.

Jason, I guess from what Mark told us, the espgs we are installing may have the error in it.

Mark, you believe this is a correct assessment based on the above? Or am I missing something.

JohnC