sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] problems with mtab

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] problems with mtab
  • Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 06:12:09 -0500

Jack Bertram wrote:
* Jonathan Evraire <evraire AT tuwg.com> [021208 20:39]:

I was affected, but I don't know how.

I was affected, and the link was dated 28 Jan 2002 so I think it must
have been from my original Sorcerer installation.

<sigh> If I update devel, it will take weeks for it to percolate down to stable... and it's just a fluke as far as I can see. So...

I will update the spell in devel (init.d) in a couple of days to check for the existance of the bad symlink and replace mount.sh temporarily with the script that fixes it.

In the meantime attached is a mount.sh that can replace the current mount.sh. It will be replaced the next time you cast init.d, and all you have to do is reboot once for it to replace the symlinked mtab file.

Install the downloaded mount.sh file with the install command like so:

install -m 755 <path to where you downloaded>/mount.sh /etc/init.d

substituting the correct path to whereever you downloaded this mount.sh to. Then just shutdown/reboot and viola, it's fixed when your box restarts. The date is out of whack on this mount.sh, so init.d will want to replace it when you cast init.d next.

neal
--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time
--and those are the ones you have to concentrate on!"