sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] gnome2 is broken now!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • To: Duane Macolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • Cc: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] gnome2 is broken now!
  • Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 10:56:53 -0500

okay, i was hunting the gnome.org bugs reports and i found out the problem. what's crashing gnome is control-center2. so i imagine we might need to downgrade it to whatever it was before. from a posting i saw it said hat it's been fixed in cvs, but no releases have been made since then. i dispelled control-center2 and now i can get into gnome fine, it all works, except for individual prefs like background and window style and stuff, but it does still work. not sure if downgrading control-center2 will work or not, maybe we wait until the next control-center2 release?

Jeremy