sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] gnome2 is broken now!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] gnome2 is broken now!
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 19:01:33 -0800 (PST)

Jeremy A. Kolb said:

> ever since my update today (im on test), gnome2 has refused to work. i
> see the splash screen and then it hangs forever. doesn't matter what
> user i am. i've deleted all of my .g* files in my home directory and it
> still doesn't work, the only thing that might be it is when i check my
> .xsession-errors it tells me it that gnome-smproxy is unable to connect
> to the session manager (that's after i kill x). there are no other log
> files that i can find that would help me in this. any ideas? i've
> recompiled gdm2 and gnome-session but to no avail.
>
> Jeremy

Myself and at least one other person (don't remember who atm) have this
problem as well, though my GNOME 2 has _never_ worked (though I only just
started trying it a few weeks ago...).

I have the same error, don't know about the others. I thought it was just
me being stupid, so I haven't put in a bug report for it, since other seem
to have it working. Also, getting everything to compile was fun (well,
not really, I'm being sarcastic), which lead to quite a few bugs being
created. :)

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle

--