sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] pan2 segfaulting

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Michael Taylor <tcm AT adelphia.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] pan2 segfaulting
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 20:34:42 -0500

I've been running my own spell for Pan > 11.4 since August, and right when
devel went to glibc 2.3.1 is when it started segfaulting for me. The ruckus
with scrollkeeper, libpng, et. al. has kept me from properly rebuilding
gnome stuff to troubleshoot it. Only Friday when the gnome stuff went to
2.0.7 did it start working again, to my delight.
pan2 seems to work as well. I've attached the compile log of my successful
build. Diff them and see what you can see.

At 08:06 11/10/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>About a month or so ago, pan 0.13.1 started segfaulting on my laptop. I
>chalked it up to all the changes that have been made getting Source Mage
>ready. This laptop has been running Source Mage since the Sorcerer
>days.
>
>Yesterday I installed the Beta 2 iso on my desktop system. I rebuilt
>gcc and glibc and then installed xfree. After that I cast all the
>dependencies for pan2 and pan2. So this is a pretty clean system and it
>segfaults.
>
>I was able to successfully install this version of pan on another
>distribution kept very clean also. I think it is segfaulting somewhere
>in pango.
>
>Any one built pan2 lately? If so any problems?
>
>George

Michael Taylor
tcm AT adelphia.net
ICQ: 1938799