sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Gnome2 + OSS-only sound driver?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Gnome2 + OSS-only sound driver?
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 07:54:28 +0100

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 01:11:17AM +0000, Jonathan Evraire wrote:
> Hi,
> is it just me or do some Gnome2 things depend on ALSA yet don't list it
> as a dependancy? Has anyone else successfully gotten Gnome2 and a
> non-ALSA sound driver working?
I'm running gnome2, and i don't use alsa, so it's definitely possible. I
also checked the installed version of gnome-desktop, and it's the one
that fails to compile for you (2.0.8).
I guess the alsa dependency comes from somewhere else, did you have alsa
on your system once? If yes, try to recast audiofile and esd, maybe one
of these is still trying to use alsa.

--
Arwed
aka alley_cat