sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Sorcery]Grimoire now in Test Grimoire (call it Beta testing!)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Ryan Abrams" <rabrams AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: "Sergey A Lipnevich" <sergeyli AT pisem.net>, <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Sorcery]Grimoire now in Test Grimoire (call it Beta testing!)
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:39:23 -0500

Sergey,

It will.

The grimoire rules post 1.0 (which we were going to disclose later, but
arent some big secret) are...

Devel - Completely volitile. Likely to be hosted in cvs only, thus removing
p4 from our development process.
Test - A grimoire that pulls releases in from Devel when ready, with the
goal of staying stable as much as possible... but up to date.
Stable - the last release's grimoire, updated only for security issues, as
applicable.

Test will really vary greatly instability based on the time in the release
cycle, but stable and devel will be stable and crazy respectively.

Oh.. and Eric and Tony will still use p4 as a tool to assemble the test and
stable grimoires, but guru's will no longer need it (and in fact may be
required to switch to cvs.)

-Ryan