sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Sorcery]Grimoire now in Test Grimoire (call it Beta testing!)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Womack <eric AT lasvegasdata.com>
  • To: Sergey A Lipnevich <sergeyli AT pisem.net>, eschabell AT sourcemage.org
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org, sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org, sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Sorcery]Grimoire now in Test Grimoire (call it Beta testing!)
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 22:10:03 -0700

On Friday 11 October 2002 11:54 am, Sergey A Lipnevich wrote:
> Eric Schabell wrote:
> >PS. Devel Grimoire is declared a playground for the most volatile
> > additions you can imagine... gcc bumps w/o notice... testing of anything
> > is permitted, so you are on your own with problems related to DEVEL
> > GRIMOIRE, use at your own risk from where the sun now stands.
>
> I'd love for this rule to stay even after 1.0 :-). After all, we have
> not one but even two stabilized grimoires...

I would second this. Let devel be development and woe be to those who tread
upon it lightly.

Just the same, I would make test even MORE strict and stable be on a level
surpassing anal.

--
Eric Womack
Grimoire Guru - KDE

---
Graduating seniors, parents and friends...
Let me begin by reassuring you that my remarks today will stand up
to the most stringent requirements of the new appropriateness.
The intra-college sensitivity advisory committee has vetted the
text of even trace amounts of subconscious racism, sexism and classism.
Moreover, a faculty panel of deconstructionists have reconfigured
the rhetorical components within a post-structuralist framework, so as to
expunge any offensive elements of western rationalism and linear logic.
Finally, all references flowing from a white, male, eurocentric
perspective have been eliminated, as have any other ruminations deemed
denigrating to the political consensus of the moment.

Thank you and good luck.
-- Doonesbury, the University Chancellor's graduation speech.