sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] So who's been playing with hardware detection?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Rasmus Ory Nielsen <ron AT ron.dk>
  • To: Mark Andrews <msasgl AT msa-enterprises.com>
  • Cc: Nick Jennings <nkj AT namodn.com>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] So who's been playing with hardware detection?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 21:25:05 +0200

Hi Mark,

Mark Andrews wrote:
> I've struggled finding decent info on Kudzu - if you know
> where to look let me know. Always wary of anything I can't get
> sensible info on.
Have you seen this page? http://rhlinux.redhat.com/kudzu/

You can find the latest version of kudzu at:
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/SRPMS/SRPMS/kudzu-0.99.66-1.src.rpm

Use this command to unpack the rpm file:
rpm2cpio foo.rpm | cpio -idmv --no-absolute-filenames

In order to build kudzu you have to install dietlibc first.
http://www.fefe.de/dietlibc/

I have compiled it with success on the rh-box I'm sitting at right now.

Hope this helps.
Best regards
--
Med venlig hilsen