sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] More perforce craziness

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Tony Smith <tony AT smee.org>
  • To: eric AT sandall.us
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] More perforce craziness
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:50:03 -0700

Eric Sandall wrote:

>Is it perhaps pulling from CVS? Perhaps this section is slated for CVS
>updates instead of Perforce?

Nope. It's not pulling from CVS.

>>I posted a coule of day ago about changes not making it into perforce,
>>and yesterday it appeared that the missing changes had finally
>>propergated but today the old versions are back again.
>>
>>Specificaly the xfree update to 4.2.1 and the docbook-xsl update to
>>1.55.0 have again dispeared, the xfree update is a security patch so
>>this is reasonably urgent.
>>
>>Tony;
>>
>>I did the tests you laid out for me and they are all normal, no open
>>files or unsubmitted changes. if I do a "p4 diff -se ..." it show no
>>difference between my workspace and the server and the changes are in my
>>workspace.

OK, that's good because it means the changes *are* in Perforce. Maybe
the problem is to do with the tarball builds??

>>The change numbers are
>>Xfree: 4635 4636 4692
>>docbook-xsl: 4706

Joel, all these changes look OK to me. I can see that the Xfree 4.2.1 update was implemented as a patch to the 4.2.0 sources and later the mit-shm patch was added. I can't see anything indicating that these changes were reversed in any way. What makes you think they were??? Are you checking Ryan's copy of the tarball, or the master copy at www.smee.org/smgl/devel??

Tony