sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] fresh install questions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: bluebird AT optushome.com.au
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] fresh install questions
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 18:53:49 +1000

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 01:41:08AM -0700,
Phil/CERisE/KG6MBQ wrote:

> Ari Steinberg said:

<snip>

> I use XFS. I've been very happy with it. One other
> thing to note...These filesystems are increasingly
> less forgiving of a sudden shutdown/crash. When I was
> dorking around with the kernel, I occasionally had a
> file which was open at the time wiped out as a result.
> It wipes it out in a unique way though...It fills it
> with binary zeroes...

That's interesting, I thought that a major advantage of
journaling file systems like Reiser & XFS was there ability
to recover from sudden crashes.

Cheers

Joel
--
Sourcemage GNU/Linux /~\ ASCII Ribbon campaign
Linux so advanced it may as well be magic \_/ stop HTML mail and news