sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] fresh install questions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: ryan.abrams AT attbi.com
  • To: Phil/CERisE/KG6MBQ <cerise AT littlegreenmen.armory.com>
  • Cc: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] fresh install questions
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:12:23 +0000

I was reading about the 2.6 feature list (and what
will/wont make it) on kernel trap a while back.. They
are talking about XFS definately getting in IF SGI can
get it up to par in time. (they freeze on halloween) -
Basically, SGI is cleaning and testing, and otherwise
making absolutely sure it's ready... and haven't
apparently submitted a final mergable patch yet.

I guess when they do, it will be in the next version.
It's probably something that they can slip in after the
freeze (apparently freezes don't mean /freezes/ to the
kernel team. ;P)