sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] License Choices

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] License Choices
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 08:39:16 -0700 (PDT)

Julian v. Bock said:
> Hi

> JS> On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 00:40, Glenn Shannon wrote:
>>> For the 4 or 5 people in the world who are on the right machines for
>>> tmpfs compiling (medium range machines with 768+M of RAM) tmpfs gives
>>> them a .05% increase in speed in return for its hefty
>>> requirement.
>
> JS> I'll do this one more time ;)
>
> [...]
>
> I agree.
>
> Furthermore, if you don't have X or other expensive services running,
> 128mb are enough to compile most spells completely in ram. 256mb is
> enough for everything but the really big ones.
>
> Julian

This is one reason I submitted a patch to sorcery a while ago which allows
the maintainer to specify the size of mk_source_dir ( mainly so that I
could get 2Gb for OpenOffice :)). Once this patch makes it out of the CVS
sorcery, you can do mk_source_dir $SOURCE_DIRECTORY 128m, if you want, or
specify 20m if that's all the spell needs.

-One of Three

--
Eric Sandall | (P)e-mail: sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net
Source Mage GNU/Linux | (P)web: http://hellhound.homeip.net/