sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] License Choices

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] License Choices
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 07:29:46 -0700 (PDT)

Robin said:
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 02:59:08AM -0700, Aaron Brice wrote:
>> Sorry if this sounds harsh, but my motto is "Screw people with 386's."
>>
> Please nononono! :)
> One of the things I like about Linux is that I could take my 486 with
> 20Mb and make it into a respectible system (OK so no KDE3, but an older
> X and small wm), and keep software current. Can't do this with windows.
> Sure, don't sacrifice features or speed from higher end equipment, but
> leave the option in place for those of us who like stuff to be useful
> even if it is 8 or 9 years old.
>
> --
> Robin <robin AT kallisti.2y.net> JabberID:
> <eythian AT jabber.org>

I agree with this sentiment, especially as I have a cluster her in my home
which I'd like to move to Source Mage that is made up of Pentium 133's, a
dual Pentium II-400, a Pentium III-850, and an Athlon 800. I'll probably
add more Pentium 133's and such at a later time as they are cheap
(sometimes free :)) to obtain.

-One of Three

--
Eric Sandall | (P)e-mail: sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net
Source Mage GNU/Linux | (P)web: http://hellhound.homeip.net/