piw - Re: [piw] Q2: what criteria do we want to record for plants.

piw AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Information Web

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster AT pfaf.org>
  • To: Permaculture Information Web <piw AT lists.ibiblio.org>, PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [piw] Q2: what criteria do we want to record for plants.
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 17:30:14 +0000

Mike Morris wrote:

Richard Morris wrote:

Benifical relationships
What animals it attracts
What animals if is a food plant of
What animals it is a habitat of
What plants is is know to grow well with
What plant guilds it is a member of

May I suggest that this simply be "Relationships", which can then include antipathetic/allelpathic information.

For me this relationship information (+, o and -) is usually the hardest to come by, and most crucial.

Indeed this does seem like a good way to simplify the design.

We could have

Relationships
Object related to
Type of relationship: food plant for, etc.
Properties of relationship: might want to add additional info
here

And build a list of the types of posible relationships.