permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture as Deep Ecology

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@mailman1.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture as Deep Ecology
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 00:10:59 -0400

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 7:42 PM, Scott Pittman <scott@permaculture.org>
wrote:

> ...and finally, the Native Ameiicans got it when they stated in their
> prayers "all my relations". That is the mind set that leads to self
> realization.

They put that very nicely. It is a powerful statement and good to keep in
the forefront of one's mind. PDC's in America should include a component
about Native American knowledge, way back in history, their respect for the
land and the creatures of the Earth. As Kelda suggested, pass the hat and
send the take to some Native American charitable cause in the hopes that
they will be inspired by the generations of their kin and ancestry as we
are.
As Ken Kesey said, "take what you need but don't take what you don;t need".
NA's would have called him one of their own.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com