permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: (no subject)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Linda Ray <lindaray@att.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: (no subject)
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 23:33:33 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Larry,
You wrote:"...He also said that nuclear war was a
more serious threat to humnity than climate change. I wish he had not said
that. He should know better...."Endquote.
I hear you, but I happen to agree with that statement of his, and here is
why:Also I am pointing out that nowhere does he say that climate change is
unimportant, nor to ignore it..

All that Nuclear cr@p (Testing, accidents, and tiny little hotdogging
countries posturing, etc.) is part of what has contributed mightily to the
onset of climate change, and IMHO is a clear and present danger to this world
today. One nuclear strike will do more to accelerate faster climate change
than anything else we could do, and that is what I took from that statement,
making nukes our greatest danger for the further and faster progression of it.

AFAIAC the awareness of mukes as a contributing cause does not in any way
de-prioritize the importance of climate change. It just points out that nukes
constitute more of a fast-change threat to the climate, IOW could produce a
faster progression of climate change than anything else. Doesn't mean not to
address climate change.
JMHO.
Namaste,