permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Russians in this PC list. Are there any and if not, why not?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "scrooge McDuck" <declan@planetmail.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Russians in this PC list. Are there any and if not, why not?
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 09:29:51 +0200

People in rural parts have a frugal simple life of toil and hardship. They want better. In a word, they move to cities because of materialism.
We're fed up with the disadvantages of city life and we want better, so we move for the simple life. But we would hardly move to Siberia, where life is an unremitting struggle against the cold.
--
Declan Moriarty
Sent from my Android tablet with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
On 20/07/2016, 07:55 Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 2:39 AM, scrooge McDuck <declan@planetmail.net>
wrote:

> How many Russian documents have you read?

I do not read Cyrillic. I would make an effort to learn at least some if we
could get a few people from Russia on board. Scott has taught many PDC's
there.
Their land is another world we need to know about. There is so much open
territory in the East and North. Cold, yes, but plenty of conifer firewood
to burn. Lots of great black earth garden soil. Lots of interesting fruit
varieties and really fine traditional staple foods to learn about.

Anyway it is time for a revival of peasant agrarian communal villages in
rural Russia. I never understood why people left the countryside to go live
in the city.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London