permaculture - Re: [permaculture] American Permaculture Association Standards Board?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] American Permaculture Association Standards Board?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 04:08:33 +1200

Great term Jono "dispersed, self-regulating network..." and we know this
works well in nature, perhaps always has. Until something is out of
balance. And, we have seen plenty of that too. And, we see a hell of a lot
more in the times to come immediately in front of our eyes in every
environment. The banksters are leading the way right now. Others have had a
shot in our history, Hitler Stalin etc etc . Not that VD could be placed in
this category, of course. What we see in many communities is individuals,
groups and other layers stepping in before the collapse. Intervening
perhaps is a good term. Just like parenting I guess. But not to over parent
or over regulate ?

If we support "dispersed, self-regulating network..." as a character of
Permaculture how do we manage such activities as VDs and other similars on
his bus ? Do we allow the damage, mayhem and carnage to self regulate. Then
do we pick up the pieces. Or do we celebrate the Collapse Dance ?

Food for thought

Steve Hart