permaculture - Re: [permaculture] American Permaculture Association Standards Board?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: christopher nesbitt <christopher.nesbitt@mmrfbz.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] American Permaculture Association Standards Board?
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 21:32:16 -0600

I was in the middle of a PDC, lots of people on site, and I was exhausted.

I also live in Central America, so a legal battle was not possible. The text of his "warning" was mealy mouthed, so it was not quite libelous, though the language in his communications was threatening.

I'm busy, and didn't have time, or inclination, to fight this. He is the kind of asshole who lives for conflict. I have too much work to do to engage someone like that, if I can avoid it.

Bob Waldrop <mailto:bob@bobwaldrop.net>
July 9, 2015 at 9:23 PMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
This almost sounds like blackmail to me. Did you talk to a lawyer or law enforcement person about this?

I am so sorry to hear that you had to go through this.

Bob Waldrop, Okie City

christopher nesbitt <mailto:christopher.nesbitt@mmrfbz.org>
July 9, 2015 at 8:34 PMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
This is what the "American Permaculture Association Standards Board" is.

I am sharing this in the spirit of openness and transparency, which I hope Vlad will understand. I am not adding anithing to this other than what transpired. There were several others who got the same treatment, who may chose to discuss this, or not.

A few years ago, I was asked to sign a letter stating that I did not recognize certificates issued by VD and his organization. I got this March 1st. I took down my statement, and the others did, too, but not before a lot of discussion. I have been asked by a few people what happened to the document I signed.

I got an unwelcome email into my on March 1st, with a reference to an ad posted on google ads search for the name "Maya Mountain Research Farm", which stated that PDC certificates from my small NGO, Maya Mountain Research Farm, are not valid. I am sharing it here. I found this is on a page for"the North American Permaculture Standards Board^(TM)" which is an entity that seems only to exist to challenge those who question the validity of his "free PDC".

Email blow:

March 1st, 2015
Name: Vladislav Davidzon
Email: vladislav@davidzon.com <mailto:vladislav@davidzon.com>
WebSite:
Message: Please be advised that the North American Permaculture Standards Board^(TM) has issued a Consumer Warning Statement regarding Christopher Nesbitt and the Maya Mountain Research Farm, and we are launching a paid marketing campaign to promote this statement to your consumers through Google, Facebook and other marketing avenues which you utilize.

Please review the following two links to understand the current scope of actions taken against you:
http://www.americanpermaculture.org/consumer-warning/maya-mountain-research-farm-christopher-nesbitt
http://www.americanpermaculture.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/mayamountain.png

To be clear, we are going to spend money to ensure that our warning statement consistently appears in Google when people search for your brand; we will also actively seek to target your own Facebook fans with the same message. As you can see from the screenshot linked above which was taken earlier today, our warning statement now appears above your own website in Google. We will very easily outspend you and ensure that any consumer seeking information about your organization is exposed to this warning notice.

Please advise me if you wish to take down your own warning statement and amicably settle this matter by agreeing to mutual recognition and peaceful co-existence. Be advised that in order to settle this matter you will also need to convince the other parties who have signed onto the statement you published to also take down their statements. We are prepared to wait one week, until March 7, 2015, before escalating this campaign further - at which time we will aggressively target your own Facebook fans and distribute this statement to every known permaculture-related mailing list on Yahoogroups and other places. We are certain you will not enjoy the immediate and dramatically negative impact an escalation will bring.

Please get in touch with us no later than end of day on March 7, 2015 or we will very aggressively escalate our promotion of this Consumer Warning Statement. We would certainly prefer to amicably settle this.
*********
The text of the warning was:
"
"CONSUMER WARNING: Statement of Non-Recognition Regarding MAYA MOUNTAIN RESEARCH FARM and CHRISTOPHER NESBITT
Due to what in our opinion amounts to profoundly unethical business practices by MAYA MOUNTAIN RESEARCH FARM -- CHRISTOPHER NESBITT, The North American Permaculture Standards Board^(TM) will not recognize any Permaculture Design Certificates issued by these parties.

We advise the public to seek training from another provider that engages in ethical business practices. Be aware that should you choose to purchase certification from the above-named parties, your certificate will NOT be recognized and thus may NOT be legitimate.

This statement constitutes the opinion of The North American Permaculture Standards Board^(TM) and is not intended to be a statement of fact or any factual claim against any party. We believe that we must act decisively to preserve the integrity of the marketplace and to protect the consumer against abusive and/or fraudulent business practices, thus advancing and protecting the field of permaculture."

So this is why I withdrew my participation

message archive mirrors:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/permaculturelist
http://permacultureforum.blogspot.com
http://permaculturelist.wordpress.com
Google message archive search:
http://www.ipermie.net
Avant Geared https://sites.google.com/site/avantgeared/
https://plus.google.com/+Avantgeared
Permaculture: -- portal to an expanding global network of landtech pioneers practicing and teaching permaculture
while designing ecological, biointensive land use systems with integrated elements for synergy, sustainability, regeneration and enhanced nature-compatible
human habitat --

christopher nesbitt <mailto:christopher.nesbitt@mmrfbz.org>
July 9, 2015 at 7:01 PMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
Vlad. By himself. No "board". Just Vlad.

message archive mirrors:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/permaculturelist
http://permacultureforum.blogspot.com
http://permaculturelist.wordpress.com
Google message archive search:
http://www.ipermie.net
Avant Geared https://sites.google.com/site/avantgeared/
https://plus.google.com/+Avantgeared
Permaculture: -- portal to an expanding global network of landtech pioneers practicing and teaching permaculture
while designing ecological, biointensive land use systems with integrated elements for synergy, sustainability, regeneration and enhanced nature-compatible
human habitat --

Bob Waldrop <mailto:bob@bobwaldrop.net>
July 9, 2015 at 6:38 PMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
Do we know who these people are?

http://www.americanpermaculture.org/

No names, no address, nothing but a contact form.

Who-is lists this for the ownership which tells us nothing --

Registrant Name:Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0130037352
Registrant Organization:Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0130037352
Registrant Street: 96 Mowat Ave
Registrant City:Toronto
Registrant State/Province:ON
Registrant Postal Code:M6K3M1