permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Musings III

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: loren luyendyk <loren@sborganics.com>
  • To: Permaculture Listserve <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Musings III
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 06:00:47 +0000

Thank you Scott, as this topic is another elephant in the room.

I am wondering- assuming we can agree to a course curriculum and standards-
how do we enforce them? Or, is that an end goal? Without ownership of the
name anybody can use it as they like, like Vlad et al.

Or is the design to create a professional organization that certifies and
accredits people for completing the course. But isn't this what PI and
others globally are doing? So what is the solution to keep the standards up
and stop folks who are doing shoddy work, or at least uphold the ethics of
practitioners?

If there is no solution then this whole process could amount to little, as
there is really no control over the use of the name. That is the central
issue IMO.

Loren Luyendyk
(805)-452-8249
Accredited Permaculture Teacher, PRI-AUS
ISA Certified Arborist WE-7805A
www.sborganics.com
www.surferswithoutborders.org
www.globalpermaculture.com