permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Turning this discussion forum into a think tank to push the limits on what can be done with Permaculture.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, Scott Pittman <scott@permaculture.org>, Peter Sherwood-Roberts <psherwoodr@hotmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Turning this discussion forum into a think tank to push the limits on what can be done with Permaculture.
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 07:29:47 +1300

LL....are you sure this is what Scott was alluding to ?

"Scott has talked about integrating permaculture with disaster relief
through education, direct aid in the field and long term adoption by the
intended beneficiaries."

I have been talking with Scott on the whole subject of Permaculture
and Aid to consider how the global Permaculture fraternity can be more
effective. It is a big can o worms with some influential activity, to
say the least. We do not see it as an integration as such but more of
a growth of a responsible organisational structure or entity separate
from anything else but with inclusive links to all systems forms and
participants of Permaculture at all levels through all fields. It has
evolved over the past 18 months with the likelihood that such an
organisation may be on the agenda at IPC11 in Cuba in order to evolve
it more.

We do look forward to its positive development for all beneficiaries.
The frameworks mooted may also go a long way to consider a more
responsive and representative structure of Permaculture
globally.....long overdue

Steve Hart

--
Kia ora