permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Turning this discussion forum into a think tank to push the limits on what can be done with Permaculture.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Turning this discussion forum into a think tank to push the limits on what can be done with Permaculture.
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 14:44:21 -0500

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Steve Hart
<stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>wrote:

> LL....are you sure this is what Scott was alluding to ?
>
> "Scott has talked about integrating permaculture with disaster relief
> through education, direct aid in the field and long term adoption by the
> intended beneficiaries."

Those were my words based on a conversation with Scott.

"integrating permaculture with disaster relief" = adding permaculture as a
tool to use by individuals and organizations performing disaster relief
and integrating permaculture into the lives of beneficiaries of disaster
relief
as Toby said in an earlier post, Permaculture could be thought of as a
Trojan Horse during those times
- disaster victims need aid and permaculture is brought to them along with
all other available forms of aid;
they're not going to turn it down

> I have been talking with Scott on the whole subject of Permaculture
> and Aid to consider how the global Permaculture fraternity can be more
> effective. It is a big can o worms with some influential activity, to

This is a topic that should be discussed and explored, here and at
gatherings

> say the least. We do not see it as an integration as such but more of
> a growth of a responsible organisational structure or entity separate

Exactly correct. This should also become part of Permaculture Standards
along with Permaculture Ethics and become core activity of "a responsible
organisational structure or entity from anything else".

> from anything else but with inclusive links to all systems forms and

> participants of Permaculture at all levels through all fields. It has
> evolved over the past 18 months with the likelihood that such an
> organisation may be on the agenda at IPC11 in Cuba in order to evolve
> it more.

I really hope that happens. Good luck and I wish I could be there in Cuba
with all of you.
I also hope someone will provide us with a full report on convergence
proceedings. Will this be documented anywhere?
Will there be any real time coverage of the IPC11 event as it happens?
Links to websites?
Will Bill Mollison be there?

We do look forward to its positive development for all beneficiaries.
> The frameworks mooted may also go a long way to consider a more
> responsive and representative structure of Permaculture globally.....long
> overdue

I am with you 100% (one hundred percent) on this and there are plenty of
reasons to make this happen.
Standards and Ethics must be defined and exist as a central focus and core
activity for all involved with the discipline and the global movement.

Permaculture: *-- portal to an expanding global network of landtech
pioneers -- *who are designing ecological land use systems with integrated
elements for synergy, sustainability,
regeneration and enhanced nature-compatible human habitat

Steve Hart