permaculture - [permaculture] Roundup, Glyphosate for newbies

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Peter Suter" <peter.suter@activ8.net.au>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Roundup, Glyphosate for newbies
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 05:31:24 +1100

Hi all,

My son is in his second year of a Diploma in Conservation and Land
Management course here in Victoria, Australia.

He has been through the safe use of chemicals course and has a good
understanding of the potential dangers of using pesticides, fungicides etc.

However, for Roundup, they were told they didn't need to use *any* of the
safe handling practices or procedures; and set about spraying without any
protection whatsoever, including getting the raw chemical all over his legs
and not taking any action.

He loves this course, trusts his teachers and won't listen to me.

Can some of you kind folks please post some info that would help to get his
thinking on to an actual realistic basis?

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Peter Suter