permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Values, Practices and Social Change Survey

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Bellows,Wendi Lynn" <bellows@UFL.EDU>
  • To: "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Values, Practices and Social Change Survey
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:49:41 +0000

A big thank you to all who have already participated! To date, only 40 people
have filled out the survey. It would be great for at least 100 folks who are
currently active in the US permaculture community to participate. The survey
is only one part of a larger research project on the processes of social
change within the permaculture movement. In layman's terms, I am essentially
asking, why do people gravitate toward permaculture? What makes people active
in the permaculture community tick? How are people's values relative to how
people practice permaculture on the ground? How has permaculture as a social
movement evolved? In addition to the survey, this year, I will also take
videos and observe at events that permies like to gather together like PDC's
and convergences. I am planning to analyze data and write up results for
publication in academic journals by the end of summer. If you are still
interested in participating in this original research about people in
permaculture, the survey will still be active for a few more weeks. Please
forward this message to others who you may think will be interested!

You may access the survey online at:
https://ufl.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9FR3CidEmNfeWOx

Thank you,
Wendi Bellows

University of Florida
Interdisciplinary Ecology Doctoral Student
bellows@ufl.edu