permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor (LFTR) Technology - Thorium Fueled Power Plants

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor (LFTR) Technology - Thorium Fueled Power Plants
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:53:09 -0000

Yes Douglas. We still work with horses here instead of a tractor. But most of the work the horses do is heavy transport. We are basically no till except for digging potatoes and that we do by hand.

As to rising and turning in with the sun, that would be quite difficult at our latitude. We have about 7 hours of often weak light in winter and 7 hours of night in summer. And most hard routine work is done in winter when animals are inside and need to be fed and kept clean. At the moment our sheep are lamming on the mountain and the weather is so foul that a new born lamb would not survive outside for more than a few hours. We are up and about with an electric torch at all hours.

All the best,
John

As biological creatures within a biological world, humans need to
re-conceive their function and adopt the role of Caretakers of the Planet.

Rising and turning in with the sun would save a lot of energy. (John
still farms his land in Ireland with a plow horse, I assume. Do your
consider him one of your family)?

Douglas