permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Highest use for tires?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Highest use for tires?
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 18:51:04 -0800 (PST)

Hm, burdock root is an interesting idea I would not have thought of. I am
trying to take a look at some of the research out there on toxicity, have not
found much thus far. How long do they off gas? What do they off gas/leach?
What remedies? I wish there were more waste stream experts in permaculture or
at least hooked up to it. We need to be able to handle and design with this
stuff in mind - it is such a huge part of our environment. We can say that
they are too toxic for us, but they are here - they're going somewhere. There
is no "away", so we need to do something with them, and the more we
understand what our options are, the better choices we'll make. I hear you on
covering them with earth, that is my predilection as well. I'm sure there are
some people into this out there that I don't know about! Trying to flush them
out here :-)