permaculture - Re: [permaculture] fukuoka_farming mailing list needs aco-moderator.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] fukuoka_farming mailing list needs aco-moderator.
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 20:11:14 -0400

On 10/27/2012 4:37 PM, Dieter Brand wrote:
I put forth the idea that natural farming receives discourse on
this list

I think nobody will object to natural farming issues being discussed
on this list; however, I suspect that there may not be sufficient
interest to generate a lively discussion.

My idea has been a general Natural Farming list which would host
discussions related to different schools of Natural Farming. In my
experience, discussion of methods used by different schools of
Natural Farming is often met by hostility on the Fukuoka list.
That's why I gave up.

My preferred Natural Farming (NF) list would include discussions on:
- NF according MOA (Mokiichi Okada Association) - EM according to
Prof. Hige, which is a continuation of MOA - NF according to Shumei,
which is a splinter group of MOA - NF according to Fukuoka - NF
according to Kawaguchi, which is the most popular today - Korean
Natural Farming according to Dr. Cho - Philippines Natural farming
which is inspired by Dr. Cho - Examples of NF in India - Examples of
NF in the West - Practical methods for adopting NF to different
regions - Examples of traditional farming compatible with NF -
Others.

The trouble is that most NF traditions are of Far Eastern origin and,
except for Fukuoka, not readily available in English. That explains
probably why the only discussion is on Fukuoka.

I created the following resources at Google:

Fukuoka Natural Farming
New Google resources on Masanobu Fukuoka Natural Farming

fukuokanaturalfarming site
fukuokanaturalfarming
https://sites.google.com/site/fukuokanaturalfarming/

fukuokanaturalfarming group